USB headsets are the best gaming headsets that you can use for games like Call of Duty, PUBG, and many other first-person shooter gameplays. Not just only for gaming, USB headsets are perfect for Voice over IP tasking and zoom meetings. However, there is a very common issue that you may face when using USB headsets. The main problem that you may face is “how to increase the gain of a USB gaming headset?” For the proper answer to this question, you will need to read this complete guide.
Anyone who has ever tried to use a USB headset knows that low volume can be a frustrating issue. The volume control button or knob on the USB headset is often set too low, resulting in a less than ideal listening experience. In addition, low application volume, driver error, or improperly configured device audio levels can all contribute to the problem. Fortunately, there are a few things that can be done to improve the situation.
Check Hardware Volume Control Knobs
First, make sure that the volume control button or knob on the USB headset is set to the highest setting. If the button or knob is not at the highest setting, the audio output will be low. If the problem persists after adjusting the hardware volume control, try increasing the volume in Windows.
Increase Volume in Windows
- Open the Control Panel and click on “Hardware and Sound.” Then, click on “Manage audio devices” under Sound.
- In the next window, select the “Playback” tab and find the USB headset in the list of playback devices. If it is not listed, try unplugging the USB headset and plugging it back in.
- Once the USB headset is selected, click on the “Properties” button.
- In the Properties window, select the “Levels” tab.
- Make sure that the volume is turned up all the way. If it is not, increase it to 100%. If the problem persists after adjusting the volume, try changing the default format.
If the problem persists after adjusting the volume in Windows and at the hardware level, there is likely a driver issue. In this case, try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.
- To uninstall the driver, open Device Manager and find the USB headset under “Sound, video, and game controllers.”
- Right-click on the device and select “Uninstall.”
- Reboot the computer and allow Windows to automatically reinstall the driver.
- Check to see if this solves the problem.
- If not, try downloading and installing the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Possible Hardware Issue
If you have tried all of the above solutions and still cannot get the USB headset to work properly, there may be a hardware issue. In this case, try using a different USB port. If that does not work, try a different USB headset.
Does USB Headset Amp Works?
Amps are great for gaming headsets. Not only will they power up your audio to provide better sound quality and volume, but they can also enhance the bass response of your headset, making games more immersive.
There are a few things you should look for when shopping for a USB headset amp. The first is whether the amp has built-in Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound processing. This will essentially take any stereo audio source and make it sound like it’s coming from all around you.
If you want to use your amp with multiple devices, look for one with both 3.5mm and USB inputs. That way, you can plug in your PC, PS4 controller, and Xbox One controller all at the same time.
Finally, make sure the amp has volume control so you can easily adjust the audio level on the fly. Some even have EQ controls that let you fine-tune the sound to your liking.
Boosting the Volume in Windows 10 (Step By Step Guide)
If you want to boost the sound of your gaming headset, you need to boost the volume of the Windows 10. To do so, here is the step-by-step guide.
- First of all, download the Equalizer APO and then install it.
- Once the installation is completed, the software will ask you about what devices you want to boost. If you are not sure about the devices then it’s better to mark all devices.
- Now restart the PC and look for ‘Equalizer APO’ in the taskbar.
- Open the Editor application.
- If you receive the message that “Equalizer APO is not installed” then click yes. Now you will need to select your device on the top right section.
- If you are not sure about the device then check all the devices one by one.
- Check if there is a ‘Pre Amplification’ icon and if you are unable to find it then follow this, green ‘+’ icon > Basic Filters > Preamp.
- Set the preamp to 2.5dB or more. You can also try different settings and see which one works best for you.
- Now close the Editor application and Equalizer APO.
- Restart your PC and launch the game to check if there is any difference in the sound quality.
How to Increase Gain of USB Gaming Headsets on PS4?
For PS4 players, gaining the volume is easy and you just need to follow the step-by-step guide.
- Press and hold down the PS button to display the left side menu.
- Now select the ‘Sound/Devices’ menu.
- On the right side of the menu, you will see the option ‘Volume Control (Headphones)’.
- Set the volume level and check if you are getting a volume gain or not. Once you find the right settings, save the settings.
- You can also boost the Mic settings to get a louder and clear voice. For that select ‘Adjust Microphone Level’ under the ‘Sound/Devices’ menu.
- Now you will see an option to increase or decrease the microphone sensitivity.
Increase Gain of USB Gaming Headset in Xbox
If you are an Xbox gamer then you can follow this volume-boosting guide to increasing the USB gaming headset volume.
- Open your Xbox “Homescreen” and press the “Xbox Button.”
- Now go to the right side and check ‘Parties & Chats’.
- Press on Start a Party and go to Options
- Now select ‘Audio settings’ and hit the ‘Volume control (Headset)’ option.
- Now you will see a pop-up menu, turn up both the ‘Chat Mixer’ and ‘Game Mixer’ to 100%.
- Check if this helps to increase your USB gaming headset volume.
Use “Discord” for More Settings
If you’re using a USB gaming headset, there’s a good chance that you’re using Discord to communicate with your teammates. In Discord, you can access a variety of server and client settings that can help you boost the audio quality of your gaming headset.
- To do this, open up Discord and click on the “User Settings” cog in the bottom-left corner of the window. From there, click on the “Voice & Video” tab and scroll down to the “Advanced Settings” section.
- In the “Advanced Settings” section, you’ll see a slider labeled “Microphone Boost.” This slider controls how much amplification is applied to your microphone’s signal.
- If you’re having trouble being heard by other people in Discord, try increasing the microphone boost. You may also need to increase your microphone’s sensitivity in your operating system’s sound settings.
So if you are the gamer who was facing the low volume issue with your USB gaming headset then you should be glad now as your problem has been solved. By following any of the methods given above, you can easily increase the gain and enjoy your gaming sessions to the fullest. Also, don’t forget to try different settings and see which one suits you the best according to the game you are playing. Have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make my USB gaming headset louder?
There are a few things you can try to increase the gain and volume of your USB gaming headset:
Check the audio settings in your game or application. Some games or applications have their own independent volume controls that can be adjusted separately from your system’s main volume. Make sure the volume is turned up all the way in both your game/application and on your system.
If you’re using Windows, you can try adjusting the volume levels in the Windows Sound Control Panel. To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. In the “Playback” tab, find your USB headset and make sure the volume is turned up all the way.
If you’re using a Mac, you can try adjusting the volume levels in the Sound System Preferences. To do this, go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sound > Output. In the “Output Volume” section, find your USB headset and make sure the volume is turned up all the way.
Why is my USB headset so quiet?
There are a few possible reasons why your USB headset might be quiet:
The volume in your game or application might be turned down low. Make sure to check the audio settings in your game or application and turn the volume up all the way.
The Windows Sound Control Panel (or Mac Sound System Preferences) might have the volume for your USB headset turned down low, or the balance might be set to favor another audio device. Make sure to check the Windows Sound Control Panel (or Mac Sound System Preferences) and turn the volume up all the way for your USB headset, or check the balance and make sure that your USB headset is favored over other audio devices.