A motherboard has many holes to get a connection with different cables. HDMI, or High-Definition Multimedia Interface, is one of these ports that allows you to connect your monitor to your computer.
Unfortunately, the port on your motherboard may not work properly, and you cannot use it. There can be many possible reasons for this problem.
Are you seeing nothing on your monitor? Does your HDMI ports not working? If you are facing these issues, then you don’t need to worry at all. We will give your a proper solution and tips to solve this problem easily.
Just follow the simple steps.
Troubleshoot For Windows
There could be many reasons your HDMI ports on the motherboard are not working, including the graphics core that allows the CPU to connect with GPU.
If your computer is running on Windows, try the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Check and ensure that all the cables are correctly connected to your computer and to your HDMI monitor or TV. If there is any disconnection, reconnect them.
- Ensure that you have installed the latest drivers for your motherboard and graphics card. If you are not sure how to do this, search online for instructions specific to your computer model or contact the manufacturer for help.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue persists. If it does, try running a system scan for viruses and malware, as these can sometimes cause issues with HDMI connectivity on your computer.
- If you are not sure how to run a system scan, search online for instructions specific to your computer model or contact the manufacturer for help.
- If the issue persists even after trying all of these steps, it is possible that your graphics card has become damaged and may need to be replaced. It is best to consult with a computer technician for further assistance in this case.
Troubleshoot For Mac
If you are using a Mac computer, try the following steps to resolve this issue:
- First, check to ensure that your HDMI cable is properly plugged into your computer and the TV. If it is not plugged in all the way, or if there are any bent pins, try plugging it in again and making sure that it is seated properly.
- Next, try restarting your computer. Often, simply rebooting the computer will fix any software issues that might be causing your HDMI port to stop working.
- If you are still having trouble, try updating your computer’s graphics card drivers. By navigating to the Support page on your computer manufacturer’s website and searching for the latest drivers available for your specific model. Once you have downloaded and installed the new drivers, restart your computer and try using the port again.
If you are still having issues, there is one final thing you can try: connecting your computer to the TV using an HDMI to DVI adapter. This will bypass any potential issues with the port on your motherboard and allow you to get a signal to your TV.
Enable HDMI Using BIOS
Now you can also follow this method to enable HDMI ports.
- Restart your PC and press the BIOS button during the booting process.
- In BIOS, find your HDMI output option and enable it.
- Check if there are any other options available like IGPU, Multiple Displays, or Graphics Configuration.
- Click on the HDMI output to enable it and save your changes.
- The change will take effect after restarting your PC again.
- If you are still unable to get the HDMI port working, you may need to update your BIOS settings and install any available drivers for the motherboard.
- If these options aren’t available, you can also try to reset your BIOS settings to default.
Update or install the latest Integrated Graphics Driver
If your monitor is still not getting a signal from your PC, then you should also update your Integrated graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and find your graphics card under Display Adapters.
- Double click on it and select the Driver tab.
- Click the Update Driver button.
- If you don’t see the Update driver button, then your graphics driver is already up to date, or there is no new driver available.
Connect Monitor with HDMI port
You may be connecting your monitor with a port incorrectly. The HDMI port is not working because you connect the monitor with the wrong input.
Check if your monitor has more than one HDMI port and try to connect it with another port. Also, check if you have connected the HDMI cable properly.
Make sure that the cable is connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard. If you have connected it to the motherboard, then it will not work.
Some motherboards have a switch that lets you choose whether the HDMI port is connected to the graphics card or the motherboard. If your motherboard has this switch, make sure it is set to the graphics card.
Check HDMI cables
The most common reason that the HDMI port on your motherboard may not be working is because of a faulty or damaged HDMI cable. Make sure that you are using cables that are in good condition and that they are compatible with your motherboard and device. If the HDMI cable is broken or damaged, it will need to be replaced to use the HDMI port.
Another reason why the HDMI port may not be working is because of an incorrect connection. Make sure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to the HDMI port on your motherboard and to the device. If the connection is loose, then it can cause problems with the signal and prevent the HDMI port from working correctly.
If your motherboard’s HDMI port isn’t working properly, you can try a few possible solutions.
First, check that your system is running the latest drivers for your motherboard and graphics card. You may also want to ensure that your monitor is compatible with HDMI ports.
If it still isn’t working, make sure that the cable connecting your monitor to your motherboard’s HDMI port is firmly connected and in good working order. If these steps don’t resolve the issue, try checking for any physical damage to the motherboard or cable.